Today is Sunday, May 10, 2020. The sun rises and gives light to another day. In honor of Mothers everywhere, Happy Mother’s Day.
While we are settled in uncertainty, we can recognize the love and kindness around us, always.
During these times of uncertainty, structured routines help. As we progress, we are adapting our daily anchoring message for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and your community.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Marion C. Garretty.
“A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice the 321 Sensory Activity.
- Notice 3 things you can see of the same color.
- Notice 2 things you can touch with your feet.
- Notice 1 thing you can hear that is a sound you create.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP