Today is Monday, April 27th, 2020. There are new sounds together with the familiar. New life is visible outside.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Hum a tune.
- Pay attention to each sound and the vibration in your chest and throat. Notice each note you hum and the vibration it creates. Notice how it changes with the different notes.
- Notice if you are humming a tune you have heard before or if you are creating it now.
- Notice the speed of the sounds. It may be slow and steady or it may be changing speeds or it may be a fast tempo.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Maya Angelou
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP