Today, is Saturday, April 25, 2020. Another weekend begins and there are some new animal babies.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Loosen the arms.
- With your arms relaxed, gently rotate your body and swing your arms freely and gently side to side.
- Stretch your arms up as high as is comfortable, feeling a gentle stretch in your body.
- Bend 1 arm and reach down behind your neck to stretch the back of your arm. Then release and do the same with the other.
- Shake out your arms and let them gently swing at your sides and hum “mmm”.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Photo by Nicole Siparsky, M.D. “Flowers”
Today’s Inspiration- A Quote from Ben Okri:
“The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to overcome, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater than our suffering.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP