Today, is Thursday, April 23, 2020. Lake Michigan ice has melted, the treasures in the water are visible.
While there is uncertainty around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Enjoy a refreshing glass of water
- Observe how the cup feels in your hands, is it smooth, cold, warm, wet
- Focus on the water as it touches your lips and enters your mouth and soothes your tongue
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Hermann Hesse
“Within you there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP