Today, is Monday, April 13, 2020. The weather changes. The natural daylight is refreshing.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take a moment to feel your body recharge.
- Put one hand on your heart and the other on your belly, shoulders relaxed.
- With each breath, feel your belly rise and gently press on your hand, while your hand feels your heart beat respond.
- Let each exhale glide out while your hand follows.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Plato
“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP