Today, is Wednesday April 1, 2020. Looking outside, each day looks so different near the lake.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We’d like to offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Carry a gift with you.
- Think of a mentor or teacher from whom you received important gifts.
- Imagine sitting with that person.
- Carry that picture with you as you go through your day.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration: : A Quote from Christopher Bermer
“Self-Compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP