Today is Friday May 6, 2022. Watching the squirrels frolic around the trees.
A quote by Paulo Coelho. “When you dance, you can enjoy the luxury of being you.”
Photo by Dan Deziel, “Twins”
It’s Magical May! This month, we explore things that can make us HAPPY, even for a brief moment. Being happy can enhance your life, boost the immune system, and help build connections with others.
Movement will boost your mood! Try a Dance Party, you can do this by yourself or connect with others through dance. Whatever you do, just dance like no one is watching:-)
- Make a playlist of your favorite music and dance to it
- Try to mimic the dance moves from your favorite music video
- Sign up for dance lessons
- Go to the ballet or watch one on the internet
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to breathe, offer the loving kindness statements to yourself and/or others who are important to you: May I be safe, May I be HAPPY, May I be healthy, May I live with ease.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP