Today is Monday, August 22, 2022. Starting the week with a morning walk.
A quote by: Pedro Calderon de la Barca. “Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises.”
Photo by: Eakarat Buanoi
This August is about simplifying to calm and restore inner peace. Exposure to the color green is known to calm the body and mind. Find ways to incorporate exposure to green.
- Schedule a daily walk, observe the leaves on the trees and plants
- Put a green plant on your desk
- Choose a picture of trees as your screen saver
- Hang a picture of nature on your walls
- Stand barefoot on some grass
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Choose a color and with each breath, notice the green in your surroundings.
- Appreciate the brilliance of color all around you and smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP