Today is Wednesday, October 26, 2022. As the wind blows, noticing the colorful leaves hanging on.
A quote by: Sahara Sanders. “Photography is a magical kind of art that allows people to preserve time and moments, and to describe the world the way they see it.”
Photo by: Fran Lee
October is the perfect time to engage your inner creative self. Use photography to tell your story. Use the photos to document your experiences and feelings. Create scrapbooks to record your history.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Explore Humming Bee breathing:
- Close your eyes
- Gently cover your ears with your hands
- Begin to hum, notice the vibration
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP