Today is Wednesday, October 19, 2022. Watching the leaves gently fall from the trees to blanket the gardens.
A quote by Amit Ray. “Fallen leaves on the ground are the golden song of immortal creativity”
Photo by Xurzon
October is the perfect time to engage your inner creative self. Think about new ways to spend time with friends and family.
- On game night, create new rules for your favorite games or try new games
- Host a talent show
- Throw a party based on your favorite historical event
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Now, Listen…
- Sit quietly with your hands closed in your lap
- Close your eyes briefly
- See if you can distinguish different sounds. Open one finger for each unique sound you can hear.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP