Today is Wednesday, May 18, 2022. Looking at the clouds, imagining what they feel like.
A quote by Trevor Carss, “Out of calmness comes clarity.”
Photo taken by Dan Deziel, May Dawn
Continuing a Magical May! This month, we explore things that can make us HAPPY. Being happy can enhance your life, boost the immune system, and help build connections with others. Declutter a space. Decluttering has been shown to improve symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Organize your cabinets and closets
- Clean off your desk
- Do a spring cleanup in the garden
- Wash your car
- File, scan or recycle papers
- Find a home for all the toys
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Gently stretch your neck muscles as you tilt your head to the right for a breath cycle, releasing the shoulders. Repeat on the other side.
- Continuing to breathe, gently stretch your neck muscles as you tilt your head up with a breath cycle and down with a breath cycle. Keep the shoulders relaxed and smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Wednesday, May 18”