Today is Wednesday, May 4, 2022. Wondering how can I make myself laugh today?
A quote by Catherine Rippenger Fenwick. “The body cannot heal without play. Your mind cannot heal without laughter. Your soul cannot heal without joy.”
Photo taken by: Fran Lee. Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs
It’s Magical May! This month we explore things that make us HAPPY. Being happy can enhance our lives, boost the immune system, help us build connections with others.
Today, let’s find things to laugh about!😊 Laughter can ease pain, improve your mood and help you deal with challenging situations.
- Watch a funny classic television show
- Look up jokes on the internet
- Watch a video of puppies playing
- Share some time with an old friend
- Watch young children playing in the park
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to breathe, offer the loving kindness statements to yourself and/or others who are important to you: May I be safe, May I be HAPPY, May I be healthy, May I live with ease.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP