Today is Friday, January 28, 2022. Thinking about and appreciating those who make time to care for others because it is important to them.
A quote by a Thich Nhat Hanh, “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.”
Photo courtesy of Peter Wormstetter
The New Year is launched. Hello, 2022! Continuing to refine and connect with the vision to light the path. This month is about what we want in our personal life and our relationships.
Identify 3 action steps that you can do to refocus your mind to your vision in case you get distracted. Here’s an example:
- Calm the mind & body: Read a Daily Gift of Vitality post and Do the Mindfulness Activity; Read the Recharge statement out loud.
- Redirect your visual inputs: Turn your gaze to a favorite photo, a peaceful scene, a picture of nature and notice all the things you appreciate about it.
- Refocus the mind: Review your vision statement or reread some of your reflections this month and connect to your vision, what is important to you.
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Inhale as you reach your arms overhead high and stretch up.
- Exhale as you hinge at the hips with soft knees and let the arms dangle down, releasing the neck.
- Continue breathing as you slowly curl back up until upright and roll the shoulders back and smile.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my vision, courage, strength, and wisdom, I am open to the positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP