Today is Monday, May 24, 2021. Walking down the street, noticing the full canopy of leaves flowing with the breeze.
During the month of May, we are focusing on routines. Routines can anchor us, decrease stress, foster creativity, prioritize self-care, and allow time to pursue our passions! This week we look at routines to foster our relationships. Let’s be curious about our work relationships, family, and friend relationships.
Many of us spend the majority of our day at work with coworkers. Building those relationships can bring satisfaction and creativity.
- Invite someone you don’t know well to have lunch with you.
- Start a walking group during lunch, before or after work.
- Volunteer together for charity.
Photo by Fran Lee
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am open to the positive energy around me. I appreciate myself and others as I connect with love and kindness. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
A quote by Mark Kostabi, “Out of routines comes inspiration.”
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- With each exhale, use a low pitch voice and hum, “Om.”
- Feel the vibration of your voice. Repeat 3 or more times.
- End with a smile.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP