Today is Friday, October 30, 2020. The bright night is beautiful, and tomorrow is the 2nd full moon this month, otherwise known as a Blue Moon. Does the moon bring people together?
For the month of October, we have shared Fun & Friendly Friday.
Enjoy the sky with friend(s) or family by staring into the sky at the same time- even if you are apart. Each time you pause to notice the beauty of a planet, a star, the moon, the clouds or colors of the sky, point it out so you can both share that experience. Follow it up by sharing something you appreciate about the other person. There are sparkles in the night sky for everyone even when sometimes they are obscured.
An inspirational Quote from Ryunosuke Satoro, “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.”
Photo by: Dan Deziel, Harvest moonbeams.
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people. We are all connected. We can be resilient together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Thinking of your physical body as your home, where you reside, think of deep breathing as like opening the windows on a bright sunny day with a nice breeze.
- Become aware of how every breath that fills your body is like having wide open windows, filling your home with fresh, clean air and every breath out clears out and releases so that your home is a refreshed space for you to be in.
- Experience the happy moment of being in your clean, refreshed home.
- Smile, knowing that you can take moments to open and be present in this space, anywhere you are. Your body is your home.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP