Today is Wednesday, September 23, 2020, Fall is a time for the birds to begin their Southern migration.
An inspirational Quote from F. Scott Fitzgerald, “Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall.”
Photo by: Gary Bending
During Self-Care September, we offer prompts to energize your self-care routine. We invite you to experiment with any or all the suggested activities to invigorate, your mind, body and spirit.
Self-Care Activity: Become aware of how you talk to yourself when things don’t go as planned. Frame your script with self-compassion in mind.
- “Tomorrow is a chance to try again with the lessons I learned from today.”
- “I might have a way to go but I can be proud of how far I have come.”
- “Even though this was not the outcome I hoped for, I learned a lot about myself.”
- “I am capable, I will get through this.”
- “I can do this. I will share what I learn to help others.”
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I am resilient and learning every day. I am part of the global community. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people. We are all connected. We can be resilient together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Begin your self-talk.
- Say to yourself, “I can step back.” See yourself step back in your mind.
- “I can clear my head.” Visualize a clean sweep of your head.
- “My body can calm.” Release your neck shoulders.
- “I can release.” Take a belly breath and full breath out.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP