Today is Wednesday, May 27, 2020. The moon is waxing, meaning it is getting brighter as we head towards the next full moon. The tide responds.
As we move forward together, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Nathaniel Hawthorne
“Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Visualize your healing breath.
- As you breathe in and feel your lungs inflate, visualize that flow of oxygen reach all parts of your body & revitalize all of your cells.
- As you breathe out, feel your body settle.
- With each breath, feel how you are recharging your body.
- You were designed to heal.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We care doing this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP