Today is Saturday, May 23, 2020. Beauty and cheerful energy are visible in nature today.
As we move forward together, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages to offer a simple routine that can be helpful to center us in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Haruki Murakami
“And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice controlled breathing.
- Focus on each breath.
- Breathe in through your nose, letting your belly rise.
- Breathe out through your mouth, letting your belly relax.
- Slow it down and enjoy the control.
- Smile and move on with your day.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP