Today is Thursday, May 21, 2020. The rains scattered blooms and the leaves are larger.
As we move forward together, moments of reflection can allow us to recognize and share in the love and kindness around us. We share these daily anchoring messages to offer a simple routine that can be a helpful anchor in uncertain moments.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Frida Kahlo
“At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after absorbing the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Activate your every one of your fingertips.
- Gently press your right thumb onto the tips of each finger on your right hand, one finger at a time.
- Repeat with the other hand.
- Bring both palms together and press all your fingertips from your right hand together with the matching fingertips on your left hand. Press them together 3 times.
- Release and smile.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP