Today is Tuesday, May 19, 2020. The leaves on the trees are full and ready to provide us protective shade.
While we are settled in uncertainty, we can allow moments to reflect and we can recognize the love and kindness around us, always.
During these times of uncertainty, structured routines help anchor us so that we are better able to learn and adapt to the world around us. As we progress, we are adapting our daily anchoring message for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and your community.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Lily Tomlin
“For fast acting relief, try slowing down.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- To enhance focus, try doodling.
- Draw whatever comes to your mind.
- Doodle your feelings.
- Smile and enjoy your doodle.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP