Today is Sunday, May 17, 2020. The interactions between living beings are more lovely when there is more variety. The diversity of plants and animals add to the beauty around us.
While we are settled in uncertainty, we can allow moments to reflect and we can recognize the love and kindness around us, always.
During these times of uncertainty, structured routines help anchor us so that we are better able to learn and adapt to the world around us. As we progress, we are adapting our daily anchoring message for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and your community.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Albert Schweitzer
“Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.”
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Absorb energy and share sparkle.
- Breathe in deeply through your nose and feel the universal energy inflate your lungs and diffuse through your body.
- Breathe out slowly knowing that your exhale produces air for plants.
- Sharing the sparkle of life, knowing you also contribute to life, smile.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP