Today is Wednesday, May 6, 2020. The ever-changing sky brightened as the sun was rising. The journey looks different depending on the perspective at each moment.
While we are settled in uncertainty, we can recognize the love and kindness around us, always.
During these times of uncertainty, structured routines help. As we progress, we are adapting our daily anchoring message for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and your community.
Today’s Inspiration: A Quote from Dolly Parton
“If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.”
Today’s photos by Dr. Velasco
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Bring your focus to your feet and wiggle your toes.
- As you wiggle your toes, notice what your toes are feeling.
- As you wiggle your toes, notice what you feel in your feet.
- As you wiggle your toes, notice what you feel in your ankles.
- As you wiggle your toes, notice what you feel in your calf muscles.
- Relax your toes, take a slow deep breath and move on with your day.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP