Today, is Monday, May 4, 2020. The birds are singing and building their nests. There are happy sounds. It’s a fresh start, a new week begins.
While we are settled in uncertainty, we can recognize the love and kindness around us, always.
During these times of uncertainty, structured routines help. As we progress, we are adapting our daily anchoring message for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and your community.
Today’s Inspiration: Recent updates from Dr. Gina Kring’s Garden
(Last week) “First day warm enough to go out without a jacket. Pink and yellow tulips join the garden. The tree has tiny green leaves sprouting from the red buds.”
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- See your hands.
- Notice your hands as you breathe. Let them rest.
- Notice where they are resting.
- Notice what each fingertip feels. Notice the temperature and the texture of that sensation. Is it touching something or is it only feeling air?
- Now, circle your thumb on each hand to touch each fingertip on that same hand, one by one.
- Feel the connection and activation and smile gently to yourself.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We are moving forward together. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP