Today is Friday, September 9, 2022. Grateful for the late summer blooms.
A quote by: Deepak Chopra. “Nothing is more important than reconnecting with your bliss. Nothing is as rich. Nothing is more real.”
Photo by: Fran Lee
September, marks change and the final third of the year. It’s a great time of year to check in with yourself.
Reconnect with your “why”.
- As you start your day, align with your purpose.
- Reflect on your day with journaling—what went well?
- Periodically, take a step back to gain perspective.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Advance the healing power of deep breathing with Box Breathing (Sama Vritti Pranayama). This technique is used by the Navy Seals for focus.
- Breathe in through your nose for a count of 4. Try to feel the breath in your nose.
- Hold your breath for a count of 4.
- Exhale for a count of 4.
- Hold for a count of 4.
- You can change the duration of breathing, holding and exhaling to your comfort zone.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP