Today is Wednesday, December 28, 2022. Reading a good book, with a warm cup of tea, feeling relaxed.
A quote Anne Lamott, “I do not at all understand the mystery of grace – only that is meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.”
Photo by: Oleg Elkov
This last week of the year, another year to set up for continued progress. This is a time for reflection, appreciation, and grace. We often make lists of things we want, consider reflecting on the things you have.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Visualize your healing breath.
- As you breathe in and feel your lungs inflate, visualize that flow of oxygen reach all parts of your body & revitalize all of your cells.
- As you breathe out, feel your body settle.
- With each breath, feel how you are recharging your body.
- Remember, you were designed to heal.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP