Today is Wednesday, December 21, 2022. Cheerful chimes responding to the wind, feeling alive as my hair goes wild.
A quote by Voltaire, “The ear is the avenue to the heart.”
Photo by: Jen Tepp
December marks the progress of another year. This is a time for reflection, appreciation, and grace. Consider offering yourself a pause, in the end-of-the-year celebrations and obligations, to provide yourself what you may be needing.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Focus your attention on your right great toe. Tap it up and down.
- Shift your focus to your right elbow and notice where your elbow is.
- Glide your focus to the center of your chest and breathe in peace and breathe out what you no longer need.
- Continue to breathe in peace and breathe out what you no longer need, for as long as you like.
- Smile when you are ready to move forward.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP