Today is Friday, December 2, 2022. Bright lights twinkling in the early hours before dawn.
Quote by Leonardo da Vinci, “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
Photo by: Igor Sporynin
December marks the end of another year. This is a time for reflection, appreciation and grace. Start by listing 3 things that you love about yourself.
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Take 3 minutes to check in with your body:
- In the first minute, ask how am I doing now—am I stressed, am I angry, am I peaceful?
- In the second, minute focus on breathing.
- In the third minute, focus on feeling the way breathing affects your body.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP