Today is Wednesday, November 9, 2022. Frosty morning.
A quote by Willie Nelson. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around”
Photo week by Susan Chubinskaya, PhD
November is the month of Gratitude. Take a moment during your day to show gratitude towards others.
- Share a smile
- Leave a small note for someone
- Make a phone call
- Embrace with a hug
Practice this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities.
Establishing a regular practice of pausing makes it easier to reset when you need it the most. You can start your practice at any time, even now.
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in through your nose.
- Breathe out through your mouth.
- Repeat 3 more times.
Recharge yourself, tap into your strength and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. This is temporary. I have successfully handled difficult challenges in the past. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP