Today is Friday, May 27, 2022. Seeing the new growth on the trees and bushes, listening to the ducklings finally large enough to stand taller than the grass, observing the maple tree “helicopters” flutter to the ground.
A quote by Lucy Larcom, “He who plants a tree, plants a hope.”
Photo by César Ardila
Continuing a Magical May! This month, we explore things that can make us HAPPY. Being happy can enhance your life, boost the immune system, and help build connections with others. Use your imagination to picture what a happy day could look and feel like. Consider, what can you add to your life from that image? What can you be doing now, to increase those “happiness factors” in your life?
Use this Mindfulness Activity to Re-energize your Body and Mind whenever you need a moment to reset – while waiting, before, after, or to transition between activities:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Breathe in fresh air, allow the energy to flow throughout the body.
- Exhale the unnecessary, feel the body reset.
- Repeat several more times and smile to yourself.
Recharge yourself and share positive energy when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. I can do this. As I connect to my inner self, I am open to the Happiness and positive energy around me. I send loving kindness and compassion to all people including me. Together, we can do great things.”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP
One thought on “Friday, May 27”