Today is Wednesday, November 4, 2020. Consider, the fallen leaves are giving back nutrients to nourish the earth.
November is for nesting, nourishing, and nurturing.
While the winter approaches in the northern hemisphere, nature reminds us to slow down and recharge in more quiet ways. As animals hibernate or move to warmer climates, we invite you to explore nourishing activities for your mind and body.
Share a Random act of Kindness with someone:
- Hold a door open.
- Let someone go ahead of you in the grocery store.
- Making eye contact, say “thank you.”
- Pay for the coffee or tea for the person in the car behind you at the drive-up window.
- Send a handwritten personal note of appreciation.
Double Inspiration- Quotes from:
Morgan Freeman, “How do we change the world? One random act of kindness at a time.”
Helen James, “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.
Photo by: Lukasz Szmigiel
Recharge yourself when you repeat:
“I am [*Name*]. My mind, my body, and my spirit are one, and I am a part of a global community. I love myself and others because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness and compassion to all people. We are all human. We can create positive energy together.”
The Mindfulness Activity to practice this week to create Calm Moments:
- Straighten your spine. Roll your shoulders back and down, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- As you continue to breathe deeply and slowly, smile to yourself with kindness and compassion and enjoy a moment of being you.
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP