Today, is Wednesday, March 25, 2020. The cherry blossoms are blooming in places, it is crisp outside, and the sun is coming up.
While there is uncertainty and fear around us right now, there is also love and kindness around us, always.
During times of uncertainty, it helps to have some structured routines. We offer a daily anchoring message for those of you who may find it helpful for you, your coworkers, your loved ones, and/or your community/patients.
Here’s what you can do today, right now, during transitions, after listening to the news or when going to sleep:
- Roll your shoulders back, smile to yourself, & relax your jaw.
- Take slow deep belly breaths, allowing your stomach to rise with each breath in and relax with each breath out. You may find that each breath gets better and better. Allow your shoulders to relax on each exhale.
- Practice Physical grounding.
- When you are sitting in your chair take a few seconds to feel your feet on the ground, feel your buttock on the seat, feel your back against the chair.
- As your feet are grounded, with each deep belly breathe out, allow your shoulders to release and loosen.
Anchor yourself with this daily statement:
“I am [*Name*]. I am doing what I can to be helpful. I love myself because I have kindness and love in my heart and soul. I am part of the global community and we are all working together to get through this. This is temporary. We can do this. As I think about those I love and care for, I send loving kindness out to all people.”
Today’s Inspiration From: A Quote from Aesop~
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted”
With gratitude and appreciation for all beings,
Naomi Parrella, MD & Fran Lee, FNP